The 23rd of April is St George's Day in England; St George is the patron saint of England and of a few other places as well - see this Wikipedia page for more information about St George.
This list is captures most of our member club's advertised performances. This year The Oxford Folk Weekend coincides with St Georges day and features many Morris sides on the Saturday and Sunday iincluding Abingdon, Headington Quarry, Moulton and Yateley to name a few. (If we've missed yours, please contact the webeditor [at] themorrisring.org (webeditor))
- Abingdon Traditional Morris Dancers : St George's Day - A day of dance at the Oxford Folk Weekend; Back in Abingdon, dancing at the King's Head & Bell at 5:30pm
- Adelaide MM : St George's Day - Adelaide Cathedral, 11:00am for the Society of St George
- Anker MM : St George's Day - Bosworth Battlefield Centre, 11:00am; Nuneaton Town Centre, 12 noon; Lime Kilns, Watling Street, 1:15pm; Market Place, Hinckley, 3:00pm; Prince of Wales, Hinckley, 3:45pm; Elbow Room, Hinckley, 4:45pm. Times may become approximate (i.e. later) as the day proceeds!
- Anstey MM : St George's Day - The Old Horse, Lecicester LE2 1NE (time TBA)
- Ashdown Forest MM : St George's Day - Queen's Arms, Cowden Pound, 7:30pm
- Bourne River MM : St George's Day - Botany Bay Inne, Winterborne Zelston, Blandford Forum DT11 9ET 12:00 noon St George's Day for a cracking afternoon of traditional dance and music with guest sides, plus the Stourvale Mummers Pace Egging play
- Brackley MM : St George's Day - Old Folks 2.30pm; Mumming, Stratton Arms, Turweston 4.00pm; Stoke Bruerne 6.00pm:
- Chalice MM : St George's Day - Woolpack Inn, St Georges, BS22 7XE, 4:00pm
- Chipping Campden MM : St George's Day - Chipping Campden from 6:30pm
- East Surrey MM : St George's Day - The Plough, 11 Church Rd - St Johns, Redhill RH1 6QE, 3:00pm & 4:00pm
- Greensleeves MM : Saturday 22nd April - The London St George’s Festival, Vauxhall, 1:00pm; Tate South Library, South Lambeth Road 2:00pm; The Sultan, 78 Norman Road, Wimbledon, SW19 1BT, 4:00pm
- Headington Quarry Morris Dancers : St George's Day - A day of dance at the Oxford Folk Weekend
- The Traditional Ilmington MM : St George's Day - The village of Lower Brailes, to dance at the Church of St George and The George Hotel with guest sides from 7:00pm. Red roses to be worn.
- Leominster MM : St George's Day - The Boot, Orleton SY8 4HN, 6:30pm
- Long Man MM : St George's Day - The George Hotel, 1 George Street, Hailsham, BN27 1AD 8:00 - 10:00pm
- Mossley MM : St George's Day - meeting near to Iceland on Droylsden Precinct at 11.30am then going on to Kings Head-Railway Lumb Lane-The Bush, and finishing in the Strawberry Gardens
- Moulton MM : St George's Day - A day of dance at the Oxford Folk Weekend
- Northampton MM : St George's Day - The Boat, St Bruerne NN12 7SB, from 7:00 pm as guests of Rose and Castle MM
- Ripley MM : St George's Day - Nottingham Old Market Square from 1:00pm ish
- Rose & Castle Morris Men : St George's Day - Northampton Town Centre, 1.00 pm; Fox and Hounds, Harlestone, 3.15 pm;The Boat, St Bruerne NN12 7SB, from 7:00 pm with guest sides
- Rutland MM : St George's Day - St George’s Sq/Stamford Arts Centre 11:00am; Green Dragon, Ryhall, 12:15pm; George & Dragon, Seaton 1:30pm
- Silurian Border MM : St George's Day - Hosting the annual Black Meet in Ledbury which starts at the Market House at 1:001am. Each team will then dance under the Market House, before splitting up to perform around the town at venues including the Master’s House, the Talbot Inn in New Street, and near the Brewery in Bye Street.
- Spring Grove MM : Saturday 22nd April - ;The George & Dragon, High St, Thames Ditton, Surrey, KT7 0RY, 8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Victory MM : St George's Day - a pleasant wander around some of the pubs in Southsea that we rarely dance at, Rutland Arms, 1:00pm; Golden Eagle,2.00pm ; Lawrence Arms, 3.00pm.
- Woodside MM: St George's Day - The Swan Bushey;12.30pm. Then, Reveley Lodge, Bushey; 2.00pm & 3.00pm
- Yateley MM : St George's Day - A day of dance at the Oxford Folk Weekend
The links given below will take you to more detailed desciptions of some of the other seasonal events.
|Events Home||January||Easter||May Day||Whitsun||Summer||Christmas|