The 23rd of April is St George's Day in England; St George is the patron saint of England and of a few other places as well - see this Wikipedia page for more information about the legendary dragon slayer.
- Abingdon Traditional Morris Dancers : St George's Day - evening tour of town pubs - 7:30 pm Broad Face Bridge St OX14 3HR; 8:00 pm Kings Head and Bell East St Helens St OX14 5EA; 8:54 pm Punch Bowl Market Place OX14 3HG
- Adlington MM : St George's Day - dancing with the wonderful Stockport Morris Men from 8pm Harrington Arms in Gawsworth SK11 9RJ with the wonderful Stockport Morris Men
- Anstey MM : St George's Day - 8:00 pm The George Coleorton Loughborough Road, LE67 8HF
- Ashdown Forest MM : St George's Day - Queen's Arms, Cowden Pound TN8 5NP, 7:30pm with Shalesbrook Morris
- Bathampton MM: St George's Day - 7:30 pm Nunney Market Place BA11 4LY; 8:45pm Witham Friary The Seymour Arms BA11 5HF
- Brackley MM : St George's Day - 7:30 pm The Boat, St Bruerne NN12 7SB, as guests of Rose and Castle MM
- Chipping Campden MM : St George's Day - Chipping Campden from 6:30pm details to follow
- Datchet Border MM : St Georges Day - 7.:30 pm St George's Day dance-out with Taeppas Tump The George, Holyport Green SL6 2JL with Taeppa's Tump North West Morris
- East Surrey MM : St George's Day - The Plough, 11 Church Rd - St Johns, Redhill RH1 6QE, 7:30pm
- Etcetera MM : have 3 St George events - but none on the 23rd. - Saturday 20th April - 1:00pm - the Mayor of Broxbourne's St. George's Family Fun Day in Grundy Park, Cheshunt, then later at 5:30pm - St. George's Family Fun Day at The Wonder, 1 Batley Road, Enfield, EN2 0JG
We also have a new event this year:
Sunday 28th April - 12:00 noon - St. George's Day Uniformed Organisations Parade, Enfield Market, Enfield, EN2 6LL
- Ewell St Mary's MM : Saturday, April 20th - St George’s Festivities - 12 noon - 1:00 pm, Leatherhead
& St George's Day - Traditional City of London Tour - 11:00 am The Lamb, Leadenhall Market; 11:25 am The New Moon, Leadenhall Market; 11:25am The Kings Arms Wormwood Street & St Bottolph-Without-Bishopgate Gardens; 12:45 pm The Magpie New Street; 1:30 pm Leadenhall Market; 2:30 pm The Royal Oak Tabard Street, The Borough (The Feast); 6:30 pm The Willoughby Arms, Kingston-upon-Thames KT2 6LN
- Gloucestershire MM : St George's Day - 7:45 pm with Miserden Morris and Stroud Morris Dancers at the carpenters Arms, Miserden. Followed with Music & Song inside.
- Hartley MM : St George's Day - Gravesend St George's Day Parade Celebrations take place between 10:00 am and 11:30 am in the Town Centre. We will be having lunch and doing our own thing afterwards.
- Icknield Way MM : St George's Day - 7:45 The Fox & Hounds High St Faringdon SN7 7RP
- The Traditional Ilmington MM : St George's Day - Every year The Ilmington Morris Men celebrate St George’s Day. Again, they return to the village of Lower Brailes, in the evening, to dance at the Church of St George and The George Hotel to be joined by guests; this year - Hereburgh Morris with others to be confirmed. There is a service ‘for all’ commencing at 6.30pm in the Church of St George, a Songs of Praise to celebrate our Patron Saint. The evenings proceedings will commence with dancing at The George Hotel from 7.30 pm with a brief stand at the church around 7.15pm – revelry will continue thereafter at the George Hotel, with our guest dancers, mummers & singers. Red roses to be worn.
- Leicester MM : Saturday, 22nd April - St George’s Festival - 12 noon onward, performing as part of the City Council’s celebrations in Leicester City Cultural Quarter
- Long Man MM : St George's Day - 7:30 - 8:30 pm The George Hotel, 1 George Street, Hailsham, BN27 1AD
- Mersey MM : St George's Day - 12 noon – 11:59 pm - St. Georges Day in Chester with Chester City MM
- Northampton MM : St George's Day - The Boat, St Bruerne NN12 7SB, from 7:00 pm as guests of Rose and Castle MM
- Peterborough Morris : St George's Day - 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm Hand and Heart, 12 Highbury Street, Peterborough PE1 3BE
- Plymouth Morris : St George's Day - 7:30 pm White Thorn, Shaugh Prior
- Ripley Morris : St George's Day - 8.00pm Horse and Jockey Selston with Sullivan’s Sword, Black Pig,
- Rose & Castle Morris : St George's Day - The Boat, St Bruerne NN12 7SB, from 7:00 pm with several excellent guest sides
- Rutland MM : St George's Day - 7:30 pm at the George & Dragon, Seaton, then 8:30 pm at the Exeter Arms, Barrowden
- Shakespeare Morris :St. George's Day - 8:00 pm 'til late - The Boar's Head, Hampton Lucy CV35 8BE. Morris Dancing including several excellent guest teams, St George Mummer's Play and music session to follow
& Saturday 27th April - All day Shakespeare's Birthday Parade - Stratford-upon-Avon. It's late this year.
- Spring Grove MM : St George's Day - The George & Dragon, High St, Thames Ditton, Surrey, KT7 0RY, 8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Wessex MM : St. George's Day Tour - 7:00 pm The Swan Inn, Sturminster Newton, DT10 1AR; 7:45 pm The Blackmore Vale Inn, Marnhull, DT10 1JJ
- Westminster MM: St. George's Day - 7.45 pm Temple Brewhouse, 46 Essex St, WC2R 3JF; 8.30 pm at the Edgar Wallace, 40 Essex Street, WC2R 3JE (but a short stagger)
The links given below will take you to more detailed desciptions of some of the other seasonal events.
|Events Home||January||Easter||May Day||Whitsun||Summer||Christmas|