The 23rd of April is St George's Day in England; St George is the patron saint of England and of a few other places as well - see this Wikipedia page for more information about the legendary dragon slayer.
This list is captures most of our member club's advertised performances. This year The Oxford Folk Weekend features many Morris sides on the Saturday and Sunday before St George's day iincluding Abingdon, Headington Quarry, Moulton and Yateley to name a but few. (If we've missed yours, please contact the webeditor [at] themorrisring.org (webeditor)). A few other sides celebrating on the Sunday are also included below.
- Abingdon Traditional Morris Dancers : St George's Day - evening tour of town pubs
- Anker MM : St George's Day - 10.30am: Nuneaton Town Centre,;12:00 noon, Denbigh Arms, Monks Kirby; 1:00pm, Bull’s Head, Brinklow; 3:30pm,Coombe Abbey Visitor Centre; 4:30pm, The Greyhound, Hawkesbury Junction. Times may become approximate (i.e. later) as the day proceeds!
- Anstey MM : St George's Day - The JollY Farmers 85 Iveshead Rd, Shepshed, Loughborough LE12 9EP (time TBA)
- Ashdown Forest MM : St George's Day - Queen's Arms, Cowden Pound TN8 5NP, 7:30pm with Shalesbrook Morris
- Bourne River MM : Sunday 22nd April - St George's Day Celebration - Botany Bay Inne, Winterborne Zelston, Blandford Forum DT11 9ET 12:00 noon for a cracking afternoon of traditional dance and music with guest sides, plus the Stourvale Mummers Pace Egging play
- Brackley MM : St George's Day - Mumming. details TBD; The Boat, St Bruerne NN12 7SB, from 7:00 pm as guests of Rose and Castle MM
- Chalice Morris Men : Sunday 22nd April St George's Cellebration - The Woolpack in St George's Weston - Super - Mare BS22 7XE, at 2:00pm
- Chipping Campden MM : St George's Day - Chipping Campden from 6:30pm details to follow
- East Surrey MM : St George's Day - The Plough, 11 Church Rd - St Johns, Redhill RH1 6QE, 7:30pm
- Datchet Border MM : St Georges Day - Britannia Pub, Marlow, Bucks SL7 1HL from 8pm onwards with Taeppa's Tump North West Morris
- Hartley MM : St George's Day - Horse & Groom, Wilmington, Dartford DA2 7AP from 8pm-ish onwards
- The Traditional Ilmington MM : St George's Day - The village of Lower Brailes, to dance at the Church of St George and The George Hotel with guest sides from 7:00pm. Red roses to be worn.
- Leicester MM : Saturday, April 21 - St George’s Festival - 12:00 noon, Orton Square and Cultural Quarter -
- Long Man MM : St George's Day - The George Hotel, 1 George Street, Hailsham, BN27 1AD 7:30 - 8:30pm
- Moulton MM : St George's Day - The Boat, St Bruerne NN12 7SB, from 7:00 pm as guests of Rose and Castle MM
- Northampton MM : St George's Day - The Boat, St Bruerne NN12 7SB, from 7:00 pm as guests of Rose and Castle MM
- Rose & Castle Morris Men : St George's Day - The Boat, St Bruerne NN12 7SB, from 7:00 pm with several excellent guest sides
- Rutland MM : St George's Day - 7:30pm The George Hotel, Stamford; 9:00pm The Crown, Gt Casterton
- Spring Grove MM : St George's Day - The George & Dragon, High St, Thames Ditton, Surrey, KT7 0RY, 8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Shakespeare MM : St George's Day - Boar's Head, Hampton Lucy 7:30pm onwards including mummer's play and music session. 8 morris guest sides
- Woodside MM: St George's Day - 12.30pm, tour around Paddington Basin, London
The links given below will take you to more detailed desciptions of some of the other seasonal events.
|Events Home||January||Easter||May Day||Whitsun||Summer||Christmas|