Life is getting back to something approaching normal (whatever that is) for our members. We have scoured the internet for confirmed future appearances. Please let us know of any changes or additions, especially those traditional appearances that are shown as To be confirmed.
This is the time-of-year for many Guisers and Mumming Plays. Tracking the many performances is difficult ... search the Master Mummers performance index. Sword Dancers are also out in force <Sword Dance Union dates>
Enjoy the festivities wherever you are.
November, December, Christmas
- Greensleeves MM : 2nd Saturday in November. London - Dancing before and after the Lord Mayor's procession - see their website for details of times & locations.
- North Wood MM : Saturday 10th December Xmas Day of Dance 2022 – London South Bank with several sides starting 10:30 am at the Xmas Market by city Hall. Full details here
- Barnsley Longsword : Tuesday 13th December : 7:00 pm onwards - Dodworth Fire Walk at the Dodworth Tap Station Road, Dodworth
- Green Oak Morris Men : Wednesday 14th December St George and the Dragon - a traditional mummers' play followed by a traditional Yorkshire longsword dance! 20:00 to 21:30, Jemmy Hirst at the Rose & Crown, 26 Riverside, Rawcliffe, Goole, DN14 8RN
- Taunton Deane Morris Men : Saturday 17th December 10.30am to 2:00 pm in and around Taunton town centre raising money for St Margaret's Hospice
- Adlington Morris Men and Mummers: Sunday 18th December 12 noon Macclesfield Treacle Market
- Witchmen : December 18th 1:00 pm at The Lilacs, 39 Church St, Isham, Kettering NN14 1HD - Witchmen Winter Solstice. With Bourne Borderers, Braybrooke, Hemlock, Queens Oak, Bakanalia, Royal Oak.
- Kennet MM : Last Monday before Christmas. Kennet Karols from 8.30 pm 'til late, The Bell and Bottle, Shinfield Green RG2 9EE - 50 traditional carols led by The Kennettes - festive hats optional.
- Dartington Morris : December 20th 7:00 pm Totnes Christmas Market performance - or can find us dancing at the Rotherfold Square, and afterwards in the Bay Horse Inn at 8 Cistern St, Totnes TQ9 5SP
- Whitchurch Morris : Tuesday 20th December at 8.00pm Christmas Carol Singing evening at The Half Moon, 60 Tring Rd, Wilstone, Tring HP23 4PD
- Wyvern Jubilee Morris : Wednesday 21st December 7:45pm Prince of Wales, Ham Hill, Stoke-sub-Hamdon TA14 6RW to make merry and celebrate the eve of the Winter Solstice, the shortest day.
- Green Oak Morris Men Wednesday 21st December St George and the Dragon at our home, Doncaster Brewery and Tap. A fun mummers' play followed by singsong and merriment!
19:30 to 21:30, 7 Young Street, Doncaster, DN1 3EL
- Bedford MM : Wednesday, December 21st - Bedford town centre Border Morris Dancing Christmas Tour - 7.30 pm Wellington Arms, Wellington St; 8:30 pm The Castle, Newnham St; 9:30, Devonshire Arms, 32 Dudley Street
- Lassington Oak MM : Wednesday 21st December Highnam Mummers Play to Gloucester and will be performing at the following venues FOC. All times are Morris Time so are (very) approximate:
8.00 pm Cafe Rene, Southgate Street; 8.30 pm The New Inn, Northgate Street; 9.00 pm The Fountain, Westgate Street; 9.45 pm The Pelican, St Mary's Street
- Adlington Morris Men and Mummers : Friday 23rd December Alderley Mummers Play, Stockport tour- 8:00 pm The Nursery Inn, Green Lane, Heaton Norris, SK4 2NA. 9:00 pm The Magnet, 51 Wellington Road North, Stockport SK4 1HJ. 10:00 pm Ye Old Vic,1 Chatham St, Edgeley, Stockport, SK3 9ED.
- East Suffolk MM : Saturday before Christmas. Dancing in Ipswich, starting at the Salutation at 11:00 am. Their annual "Border" tour - as it's been held for over 35 years it qualifies as traditional!
Lord Conyers MM : Last Saturday before Christmas. Christmas Wassail from 2:00 pm, performing dances from thei8:00 pm The Nursery Inn, Green Lane, Heaton Norris, SK4 2NA. 9:00 pm The Magnet, 51 Wellington Road North, Stockport SK4 1HJ. 10:00 pm Ye Old Vic,1 Chatham St, Edgeley, Stockport, SK3 9ED.r Border and Pershore repertoire, their own Yorkshire Longsword and Rapper dances before singing local Sheffield carols inside at Wales Jubilee Sports and Social Club, S26 5QG,and then moving to the site of Robin Hood's Trysting Tree in Todwick to perform the Abbotts Bromley Horn Dance at dusk (4:00 pm approx)..
- Original Welsh Border Morris : Last Saturday before Christmas. Coach Tour of Worcestershire - Fox Inn, Wichenford, WR2 6NX arrive 08:00 depart 9:00 am; White Ladies Aston arrive 9:30 am depart 10:15 am; Pershore arrive 10:30 am depart 12 noon; Upton-upon-Severn arrive 12:30 pm depart 1:15 pm; The Three Kings Hanley Castle Arrive 1:30 pm depart 2:30 pm; Worcester arrive 3:00 pm depart 4:45 pm; Fox Inn, Wichenford arrive 5:15 pm - All timings very approximate!
Boxing Day - Monday 26th December
- Anker Morris : 12 noon The Old Chequers Inn, 2 Chequer St, Bulkington, Bedworth CV12 9NH
- Ashdown Forest MM : 1:00 pm, The Hatch Inn, Colemans Hatch, TN7 4EJ
- Bedford MM : opposite The Embankment Hotel mid-morning and then at noon for the traditional BOAR'S HEAD celebrations.
- Blackheath MM : 12:30 pm, Princess of Wales on Blackheath; 1:30 pm, The Crown, Blackheath Village; 3:00pm, The Hare & Billet, Blackheath. (to be confirmed)
- Brackley MM : Boxing Day Tour. 11.00am Stratton Arms, Turweston;12.00 midday Brackley Market Place; 1.00pm Blackbird, Croughton
- Bristol MM : Keynsham Mummers Play - 11.00 am, St John's church Keynsham; 11:30 am Keynsham Library Riverside,Temple Street (Opposite Keynsham Leisure Centre; The New Inn, 12 noon. [The picture on the right shows Keynsham's St George].
- Chanctonbury Ring MM : Please note - change of first venure - The Castle Inn Hotel, The Street, Bramber, Steyning BN44 3WE We’ll start dancing at 11:00 am, followed by The Steyning Tipteers Mummers’ Play. Then dancing and play are both repeated (never the same twice ...) at th Frankland Arms, Washington RH20 4AL from 12:30 pm.
- Colchester MM : 12:30 pm The Chequers, The Streeet, Great Tey CO6 1JSf or mulled wine, mince pies ... and morris
- Coventry MM : dance at around 10:30 at Kennilworth Castle and move to the Queen & Castle pub at around 11:30.am
- Dartington MM : 12 noon 'til 1:00 pm, Totnes (the Plains opposite Royal Seven Stars). They will be dancing and performing their Christmas Mummers' Play.
- Datchet Border Morris : 10:40 am, Datchet Green, SL3 9EH, including The Mummers Play and Sword dance (longsword or rapper and after in The Red Stag)
- East Suffolk MM : To be confirmed 12 noon, The Sailing Club, Pin Mill, Ipswich IP9 1JP
- East Surrey MM - 12 noon - 12:30 pm The Fox, Coulsdon Common CR3 5QS; 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm The Harrow 235 Stanstead Road Caterham CR3 6AJ; 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm The Hare and Hounds, Godstone RH9 8LN
- Ewell St. Mary's MM : 12 noon, The Famous Green Man; 12:30 pm, opposite The Star; 1:00 pm, The Watch House, Church Street; 1:30 pm, The Spring Tavern; 2:00 pm, The Wheatsheaf, followed by the traditional mid-winter mummers’ play in the yard of the Upper Mill.
- Faithful City MM - 12:30 pm - The Talbot, Knightwick
- Flamborough Sword Dancers : Flamborough, Yorkshire (or is it Humberside?) starting at the Rose & Crown in the High Street and ending at the Royal Dog & Duck. The Dancers are also supporting the relatively new charity fundraiser, the Flamborough Boxing Day Dip so you can catch them before their regular tour, at South Landing from 10.45 am with the Dip at 11:00 am.
- Foresters MM - 11:00 am Bottesford duck race. Seven hundred numbered plastic ducks will be dropped into the River Devon, at Washdyke Bridge near Station Road and Grantham Road (old A52), Bottesford NG13. They will travel to the finishing line near St Marys Church, off Rectory Lane
- Gloucester Morris :: 9.30am, Queen’s Hotel,; Cheltenham;10.30am (TBC) Montpellier Gardens ) then 12 noon at Gloucester Cathedral with Lassington Oak MM, and England’s Glory Ladies Morris, etc., and a bonus Mummers play! Followed by refreshments in the Pelican Inn 4 St Mary's St, Gloucester GL1 2QR
- Golden Star Morris : 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm The Wig N Pen 6 St Martins Palace Plain, NR3 1RN Norwich, Norfolk
- Greensleeves MM : 12.15 pm Opposite the Rose and Crown, Wimbledon Village SW19 5BA; 1:15 pm The Hand in Hand and The Crooked Billet, Wimbledon Common SW19 4RQ.
- Grimsby MM : Details still being finalised Previously 11:45 pm The Wellow, King's Road, Cleethorpes; 12:20 pm The Punchbowl, North Promenade, Cleethorpes; 12.50 pm The No. 2 Refreshment Room (Under the Clock),Cleethorpes Railway Station;
1:30 pm Willy's Pub / Brighton Slipway, Cleethorpes; 2:00 pm Jonny Donuts, Cleethorpes; 2:45 pm The Nottingham House Hotel , Seaview Street, Cleethorpes - usually followed by music and singing
- Handsworth Traditional Sword Dancers : 11:15 am at Market Square, Woodhouse, S13 7JX. (Next to Cross Street); 12 noon at Handsworth in front of St. Mary's Church, S13 9BZ.
- Harthill Morris 11:00 am, The Bluebell, 4 Woodall Ln, Harthill, S26 7YQ; 12 noon, The Beehive, Harthill, 16 Union St, Harthill, S26 7YH.
- Hartley MM :12 noon,The Black Horse, Stansted TN15 7PR; 1.15 pm The Rose and Crown, Wrotham TN15 7AE - We will be dancing and performing the Firle Mummers Play.
- Headington Quarry Morris Dancers : Their traditional Mummers Play with Rapper Sword Dancing and Hand Bell Ringing at the following public houses within the Quarry Parish: 11:15 am Crown & Thistle, 12:15 pm Six Bells,1:00 pm Chequers and 1:45 pm Masons Arms
- The Traditional Ilmington MM : The side perform the traditional village Mummers play on tour starting in Shipston-on-Stour, traditionally visiting the sheltered homes for the elderly, then continuing to The Howard Arms,Ilmington at 1:00 pm and The Red Lion, Ilmington, at 2:00 pm (timings may vary).
- Kemp's Men of Norwich : 12 noon,The Banningham Crown, Banningham NR1 7DY - dancing and Mummers' Play
- King John's MM : from 12 noon, The Vine Inn, High Street, Old Bursledon SO31 8DJ - Border Morris and Mummers’ Play
- Leicester MM : To be confirmed 12 noon – 2.00 pm as Red Leicester Border - Swithland Boxing Day at The Griffin Inn, Main Street, Swithland LE12 8TJ (Including a performance of the Sproxton Wooing Play)
- Letchworth MM : To be confirmed 12:30 pm The Fox, Willian; 1:30 pm Three Horseshoes, Willian. There's also a music session at The Three Horseshoes afterwards to allow the dancers to re-hydrate with a couple of beers.
- Leominster Morris : circa 12 noon - Mummers Play & dancing at The New Inn, Pembrdige, HR6 9DZ
- Long Man MM : 10:30 am - 11:00 am at the Lifeboat Shop, King Edwards Parade, Eastbourne. All proceeds to the Lifeboat Institution
- Manchester MM : from 12:30 pm dancing outside The Fox public house, Brookbottom, near New Mills SK22 3AY, followed by carols inside.
- Martlet Sword & MM : To be confirmed 11:30 am - 12:30 pm East St, Chichester PO19 1HH
- Mendip MM : 11:00 am, Golden Lion, Broad St, Wrington, Bristol, BS40 5LA; 1:00 pm - The Plough Inn, High St, Congresbury, BS49 5JA
- Mersey MM : from 11:00 am, Boxing Day Revels, Willaston Village Green
- Moulton MM : Boxing Day Bonanza - 11:00 am to Noon Cardigan Arms on Stocks Hill, Moulton, Northamptonshire NN3 7TB. Local Mummers Play and Morris Dancing.
- North Wood MM : 12.45 pm, The Harrow Inn 309 Farleigh Road, Warlingham,CR6 9EL
- Plymouth MM : 12 noon The West Hoe, West Hoe PL1 3BW
- Ravensbourne MM : 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm, The Greyhound, Commonside Keston BR2 6BP - 59 years and counting!
- Redcar Sword Dancers : 12 noon at Greatham, Hospital Gates, near Hartlepool, Co Durham, Sword Dance and Play. A unique event, this could be the only example of a longsword dance and its play still being performed together. The Hope and Anchor, their ‘watering hole’ and venue of the popular post dance singaround, has reopened !
- Richmond On Swale MM : To be confirmed annual Boxing Day tour in to Richmond, starting from 11:00 am at the Stanwick Inn (the pub is closed but there will be refreshments available) in Aldbrough St John; 12 noon The Station; 1:00 pm Market Place
- Ripley M : To be confirmed 11:00 am, Ripley Market Place;12.15 pm The Moulders Arms (Thack) at Riddings at and at The Kings Arms, Crich at 1.15 pm.
- Rutland MM : 10:30 am, (to dance at 11:00 am) Horse & Jockey, Manton;12:30 pm, Uppingham Market Square
- Saddleworth MM : The Annual Lordsmere Longsword finale - 1:00 pm The Wellington Inn, Chew Valley Road, Greenfield; 2:00 pmTop House (White Swan) Dobcross; 3:00 pm Commercial Uppermill; 3:30 pm The COn Club, Uppermill; 4:30 pm Cross Keys Uppermill ; 5:00 pm Church Inn Uppermill (and possibly 'til late!)
- Shakespeare Morris : 1:00 pm will perform their Mummers play at the Fleece Inn, The Cross, Bretforton, Evesham WR11 7JE
- Silurian MM : To be confirmed Annual Tour starting at Ledbury Market House at 11:00 am, followed by dance spots at British Camp at 12 noon, The Morgan Pub in Malvern at 1:00 pm (tbc) and The Three Kings pub at Hanley Castle at 2:00 pm usually followed by a music session TBC
- Spen Valley Longsword Dancers : traditional tour of some of the pubs in Spen Valley to perform the dances and to sing a few songs; (1:00 pm, Wickham Arms, Cleckheaton; 2:00 pm, Spen Victoria C & B Club, Spen Lane, Gomersal - this year's tour venues TBC)
- Thameside Mummers :Tuesday 24th! Boxing Day at The Billet! 1:00 pm on the waterfront outside The Crooked Billet, Leigh on Sea, Essex SS9 2EP. The performance of their annual Christmas Play has been a much watched event for more than 40 years. Followed by a singaround in the pub.
- Thames Valley MM : To be confirmed 11:30 am Platform 3 (in The Parade, KT10 0PB); 12:15 pm The Foley (Hare Lane, KT10 0LZ);1.00 pm, The Hare & Hounds (The Green, KT10 0JL); 1.45 pm The Winning Horse (Coverts Road, KT10 0JY); from 2.15 p.m The Griffin (Common Road, KT10 0HW)
- Thaxted MM : 11:00 am, Church Hall, including country dancing for all; 12:00, dancing in the Churchyard followed by songs and music in The Swan; 3:00 pm Dancing at the Maypole.
- Towersey Morris : To be confirmed Dancing at 12 noon, Three Horseshoes, Towersey; Mummers play at 1.00 pm
- Uttoxeter Heart of Oak Morris : 12 noon Uttoxeter market place to dance and present a small play - and perhaps a pint after
- Victory Morris : The Legendary Lagos Motor Club's annual outing will take place as usual on Boxing Day at The Pembroke, 20 Pembroke Rd, Old Portsmouth, Portsmouth PO1 2NR
- Wakefield Morris 12.30 pm The King's Arms, Heath Common, Wakefield WF1 5SE
- Wantage Mummers: 10:00 am - 10:30 am Faringdon Market Place, Faringdon Oxfordshire SN7 7HP; 12 noon - 12:30 pm The Bear Hotel, Wantage Oxfordshire; 1:15 pm Childrey Village Hall, High Street, Childrey OX12 9UE . There is always a session in Childrey after the last performance, Although the pub in Childrey has now closed the villagers are determined to do all they can to keep up the tradition, albeit in the village hall.
- Wantsum MM : 11:00 am, Powell Arms Birchington; 12 noon The Bell Inn St Nicholas at Wade; 1:00 pm The Gate Inn Marshside; 2:00 pm The Crown Inn (The Old Cherry Brandy House) Sarre
- Wath-on-Dearne MM : 11:00 am Dancing outside Wentworth Post Office; 11:30 am Carols in The Rockingham Arms 8 Main St, Wentworth, Rotherham S62 7TLs; 12:45 pm Dancing outside The Rockingham Arms; 1:00 pm Procession: 1:15 pm Dancing and mummers plays outside The George and Dragon; 3:00 pm Dancing at the Rugby Club, Wath: 4:00 pm Songs and tomfoolery!
- Wessex MM : 12 noon, Mumming and Morris in Cerne Abbas Village Square DT2 7JG
- West Somerset MM : 11:00 am Dunster Yarn Market TA24 6SF
- Whitchurch Morris : 12 noon The Red Lion, Little Missenden HP7 0RB
- Yateley MM : 12 noon, The Queens Oak, Church Lane, Finchampstead, Wokingham RG40 4LS; 1:00 pm Dog & Partridge in Yateley GU46 7LR with Yateley Village Mummers
Friday 30th December
- Adlington Morris Men and Mummers: 7:30 pm The Vale Inn, 29-31 Adlington Rd, Bollington, Macclesfield SK10 5JT8:30 pm, The Poachers Inn, 95 Ingersley Rd, Bollington, Macclesfield SK10 5RE 9:30 pm The Cotton Tree Inn, Ingersley Rd, Bollington, Macclesfield SK10 5RE30
The links given below will take you to more detailed descriptions of some of the other seasonal events.