Quite apart from its use as a Morris dance instrument, the pipe and tabor is found across Europe. Particular examples are from Spain (Catalonia and Basques), from Portugal, and from France.
- The Taborers Society
- THE PIPE AND TABOR: An Address to a Society of Morris Dancers, Oxford, February 12, 1914 by Sir Francis Darwin (Son of Sir Charles Darwin)
- Iowa State University: Pipe and Tabor
- How to practice .... Observer magazine Oct 15 2006
From around the world
- Listen to recordings of Cecil Sharp's daughter, Joan Sharp playing pipe and tabor.
The Catalan Fabiol
- Festa del fabiol - 2006: Massed pipes on YouTube
From Juanma Sanchez - Madrid
- Spanish and Portugese pipe (gaitas) and tabor.
In particular listen to the music in the sections 'Repetorio midi' and 'Ficheros mp3'.
- See videos with music on the Basque "Bizkai" site. Not all of these are pipe/drum, but see
"Berrizko Dantzari-dantza" and the other six "Berrizko ..."s at the bottom of the page.
- See: Le Tambourinaire and Académie du Tambourin
- Two examples of the French instruments from YouTube
- The French pipe is "Le Galoubet":
- Spectacle de musique et danse provençal: